The X-mas holiday is fast approaching! With every new day we are bombarded with Christmas hints and suggestions, and sometimes downright demands. Our boys have learned that it is no use trying to guess what is going to be under the tree. We have always tried to emphasize the importance of not only being thoughtful when giving a gift, but also giving a gift that is practical. But, you know, fun practical. We are not so lame that all you get is tube socks and tighty-whiteys, but you're not getting a pony either. That's the kind of stuff Grandmas are for. We made a little list of things called want/need/share that shows the boys ideas for themselves, our ideas for them individually and ideas for joint gifts.
*Disclaimer, since this a somewhat fantasy list we have included a few slightly exorbitant selections.
1.Gavin WANTS a sewing machine
2. He NEEDS a new coat.
3. The Star Wars craft book would be perfect for the boys to SHARE.
4. Finn WANTS these Ekorre hand rings/gym for his room.
5. What he NEEDS is a new sweater
6. A collection of our favorite Miyazaki movies for all of us to SHARE.
7. Gavin's dream toy. A Lego mindstorm. He really WANTS this. I can't say I blame him
8. A Lego table for all the thousands of Legos that he already has. This is the definition of NEED!
9. Treepee! This is cool enough that, should we ever get one, I'm not sure I would SHARE.
10. Finn WANTS A complete mini skateboard. This makes me very happy.
11. He NEEDS new slippers, but not just any slippers...stompeez. Soooo cheesy! So perfect!
12. What kind of Dad would I be if I did not provide my boys with a zipline to SHARE?