We are elsewhere, lately. We don't really have much of a mind for anything, let alone big meal production. Our concerns lay with digging holes in the newly thawed dirt, and creative money hoarding schemes to fund all of our spring, and summer adventures. So, if you were at all wondering what we've been up to, that's it. As far as food goes, we have all but retired the ol' Le Crueset, in exchange for things that crunch when you bite them, and look like they were harvested from our vigorous yard clean-up. So basically, things like this salad.
for the salad:
- 1 # fresh peas, blanched or frozen peas thawed underneath a a stream of hot water
- 1 medium bulb of fennel, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fennel frond
- 4-5 mint leaves cut into thin ribbons
for the dressing:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon course ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt tt
- pepper tt
Combine lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Whisk in olive oil and season to taste.
In a large bowl combine peas, fennel, romaine, feta, fennel frond and mint. Toss carefully to combine. Dress salad to taste. Enjoy!