As far as minimal effort recipes are concerned, this one would be right on the top of the heap. It is one of our most favorite things during the warmer months. Gazpacho has huge flavor for something that literally takes five minutes to prepare! Not to mention, it is quite healthy, and healthy is good. We often make a big batch and just keep it in the fridge for a quick snack or a light lunch. It is also especially great when you are entertaining the possibility of testing the limits of beef on bun consumption later in the day. Take it easy people, you deserve it.
- 4-5 medium tomatoes, skins removed
- 1 english cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 small red sweet peppers, or 1 large
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for serving
- salt tt
- parsley for garnish
- hot sauce (optional )
- finely diced sweet pepper, cucumber and serrano pepper for garnish ( optional )
Combine tomatoes, cucumber, sweet pepper, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in blender. Puree until smooth. Season to taste. Serve immediately or chill. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, hot sauce, parsley, and pepper and cucumber. Relax and enjoy!