For whatever reason, we have had an abundance of dill in the house lately. Along with the usual suspects of pickles and dips, we have been working on ways to utilize it beyond the norm. After several delicious outcomes, this one was a definite standout. To say the combination of eggs and dill are a delicious pair is a total understatement. Add in creamy grits, crispy bits of canadian bacon, and asiago cheese, and you've got a serious breakfast.
grits + poached egg + canadian bacon + dill oil
- Grits. About 3 cups. Cooked per package instructions, your mee-maw's instructions, or just wing it.
- Poached eggs. Enough to feed everyone hanging around. Don't know how to poach? Learn.
- Canadian bacon. Cut into small cubes, browned slowly over med-high heat until crispy
- Asiago cheese, for garnish
- Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh, loosely packed dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small ice cube ( we cannot take credit for this ingenious idea. Not sure where it came from, but it works amazingly well)